Showing customers the benefits of installing metal roofing in Michigan has been a big part of our focus at American Metal Roofs. We know that homeowners are still a bit hesitant to hire a metal roof installer when asphalt shingles are so prevalent. Metal roofs are no longer just for agricultural applications; nor are they seen primarily on commercial properties. These days, you can find metal roof styles and colors that look right at home on any residential property.
Plus, there are many benefits to choosing metal roofs and roof framing over a traditional asphalt roof.
Advantages of Our Metal Roof Choices
Whether you opt for a standing seam metal roof or one meant to resemble another metal roof type for residential homes, you’ll enjoy lasting benefits with metal shingles. These include:
- Energy Savings: Metal roofing in Michigan works to reflect solar heat away from the home, effectively reducing the amount of heat that accumulates in the attic and lower levels. It doesn’t matter if you have a light or dark roof, you’ll still enjoy solar reflecting benefits. However, a reflective roof surface, such as those with a stone coating or other highly emissive finish, provides maximum energy efficiency.
- Less Waste: Metal roofs are made from recyclable materials, like aluminum, steel, copper, and zinc. At the end of its life, your old metal roof installation will likely end up being recycled into new metal roof styles and products instead of going to a landfill.
- Long Lifespan: Asphalt roof shingles are usually replaced every 20 years, which means you'd end up paying for a new roof two or three times over the course of your life. Common aluminum alloy roof shingles can last for 50+ years, and a steel roof frame can also last for over a century.
Metal Roofs Outlast the Elements
Our Western Michigan roofing company will install a durable and resilient product. Once installed by our expert metal roofing installers, you can expect your system to stand up to just about anything Mother Nature throws at it:
- Many metal roofs boast Class A, B, or C fire ratings.
- Speaking of fire ratings, metal roofs are also resistant to sparks and lightning strikes.
- Heat and sun won’t bother your metal roof, dry it out, or cause it to crack.
- Your metal roof is less likely to develop leaks from hail impacts, even if dents are visible on the surface.
- Metal roofs shed snow faster than asphalt roofs, as the material heats up a little faster.
- Metal roof shingles provide excellent wind resistance and retain their strength for a lifetime.
Learn More About Our Michigan Metal Roofing Company
Searching for shingle and standing seam metal roof installers near me? American Metal Roofs can help you pick out a beautiful metal roofing system. As one of Lansing’s most trusted BBB-accredited and A+ rated metal roofing companies, we can ensure you get the lasting beauty and performance you deserve.
We also work on:
- Home Roofing
- Commercial Roofing
- Storm Restorations
- Additional Services
Give us a call or fill out our online form to connect with our metal roofers and schedule your free roof inspection in Lansing!